Wednesday, December 16, 2015

runny

the other golden arch

It's pretty tempting to skip out on this tonight. My day ballooned into something I wasn't expecting, and I managed to pick up some sniffly, sneezy something or other that is making me cranky because I take irrational pride in never getting sick. Possible Lesson: pride comes with a price. Actual lesson: wash your hands more, dummy. So here's my half-hearted (mouth-breathing) attempt at writing a haikus today because when you want to do a thing, you have to keep the long game in mind even when the short game is messy. Funny that I can't seem to write a short sentence as I introduce 17 syllable poems. My syntax is as runny as my nose!  

sneezing and hungry
on the train, can't find the words
is it bedtime yet?

//

it's more work to get
from here to there, but it beats
letting yourself down

picture: Bixby Bridge a little before sunset, June 2014, film, Canon Tlb 

1 comment:

Steve Reed said...

Oh no! If it's any consolation -- and I know it's not - I think I'm coming down with something too. Things are going around now!