Wednesday, December 2, 2015

bring me a shrubbery

lazy river

I've always loved being outdoors more than in, but I've developed a serious hiking bug over the last two years. Symptoms include, but are not limited to: daydreaming about hiking while running, cooking, commuting, breathing, etc.; reading books by hikers; reading books about hikers; irritability when too many weeks have passed without a hike; compulsive checking of my instagram feed, which I have flooded with outdoor enthusiasts; and trying to convince my partner that we should hike the entire Appalachian Trail (i.e., delusions of grandeur). Thankfully, both partner and dog are willing to humor my insatiable need to be outdoors (and to stop for pictures).

Today's accompanying haiku (hikeu?):

leaves brush my ankles
quads burn up the mountainside
full lungs quiet mind

(picture taken sometime this summer, Housatonic River, on the AT north of Kent, CT, film) 

No comments: