Monday, December 7, 2015

process

in a movie

Sometimes you have to give up on the complicated post and go with the short one about the process. Here's a haiku about writing haikus on my subway commute: 

counting syllables* 
jostled by zombies on phones 
did i miss my stop? 

*this happens with my fingers while mouthing the words, so it's hard to say what people think I'm doing. lucky for me, they're usually too distracted by the glow of their devices or [insert crazy shit that happens on the NYC subway] to bother with something as bland as counting with your hands. 

(picture taken during a birthday voyage on the East River Ferry, August 2012, film, Agfa Optima rangefinder camera)

1 comment:

Steve Reed said...

It certainly wouldn't be the first time they'd seen someone do something unexplained on the subway!