Wednesday, April 16, 2008

some cheese with my wine

I wish I could say that my life was forever changed by witnessing Sam Beam's finger picking genius and being lulled to nirvanic heights of relaxation by his voice.

But I can't.

You see, when the show went on sale awhile ago I knew I wanted to go, but I also felt guilty parting with the money, so I didn't buy tickets immediately. Then sheer laziness kicked in (I had planned to walk to the box office, which is approximately a quarter of a mile from my apartment, in an attempt to avoid the ridiculous ticketmaster service fees). So finally, about a week before the show, I stopped by the box office on my way home from work. The semi-hipster man at the window shook his head and told me that the show was sold out. Before I knew it, the word "bitches!" escaped from my mouth (it's my stock response to all things heinous). I asked him when, when had it happened?? as if the knowledge would somehow dampen the blow. Apparently they sold out within 2-3 days of going on sale.

I considered resorting to scalpers, but after hearing the prices that coffeeshopgirl found on craigslist, I knew I couldn't afford it. The rest of the shows in Iron & Wine's tour are too far away and occur too soon for me to even dream of buying a ticket. It's rare that I actually get zinged for my procrastination, which is why I continue to do it, but it looks like I've finally paid the price.

It would have been cheaper to buy the $26 ticket.

[This post was composed while listening to a playlist that randomly selected all of the Iron & Wine songs on the list while I was writing. I swear I didn't make it up. Warren the iPod is driving the lesson home]

1 comment:

Steve Reed said...

I'm woefully embarrassed to admit that I have never heard of this band. Off to iTunes!